Sunday, July 6, 2014

Paths That Have Heart

This is my first blog post.  Figured I'd get it set up before we head out.  I wanted to start with a favorite quote that seems fitting as we head out for five weeks on the road:

“Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old man asks… Does this path have heart? All paths are the same; they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My benefactor’s question has meaning now. Does this path have heart? If it does not, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other does not. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong, the other weakens you.
…For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge, is to traverse its full length… looking, looking breathlessly.”

“The Teachings of Don Juan” by Carlos Castaneda

I am looking forward to a great adventure.  I'll get back with our final itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment